Thursday 3 July 2014

Good begets more good

People become what you imagine them to be. If you imagine devils, you get devils. If you imagine angels, you get angels.

Yesterday I lost my brand new smartphone at a Nakumatt. I had a suspect in mind, but no evidence to confront him. And shouting would have just made me look like a mad man.

So together with a manager and head of security, I made a general appeal. I explained the significance of the phone to my work, promised no blow back, and even offered a reward. Then I left and came back home and left it in the Nakumatt staff hands. I got a call today, and I have the phone back - all intact. (And yet it had already been switched off immediately it got lost - a sign that it is "gone").

At the same time yesterday, my supplier let me take equipment worth 150,000/= without question. I had promised to pay immediately my customer paid.

I thought he would refuse, but he didn't. On my way out, I asked him, "what if I walk out and disappear?" He answered,  "I just know you wont, and I have actually never done this before!"

I was amazed at the level of faith he had put in me. And I suddenly got thirst to want to continue working with him more in future . I was paid today, and guess where my first stop was! I just couldn't disappoint the guy.

Good begets more good. And if you imagine you are soo clever and can outwit people, they pick up the "vibe" and respond in kind. They treat you like the hyena that you are.

Am thankful for getting my phone and data back!!!

It starts with you ...... DON'T BE EVIL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment